Exit blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

This semester is unusual for me, and it goes a bit "hardcore". I have to work and study at the same time to finance myself, thus i just afford to have two subjects on hand this time, Theories and construction. To do design is impossible for me while i still need to work. I'm working in an architectural firm though, the entire week is also like rushing on the assignment nonstoply. I have no much to talk about for uni life this semester as i'm just having two classes perweek. After the class, rush to office. However, the practice in office is much more practical. I had learnt lots of construction and actual practices. In conjunction with construction class, it works on me really well. Even life is tiring, i see this as an opportunity.

Talking about the class for theories of architecture, first thing it's morning class in... 8:30am. Undoubtedly there were so many sleepy faces, i might be one of them sometimes. It will be so hypnotizing if we just keep listening on talks. Therefore lecturers request feedbacks from us. That's really good, it's a good trend that one uni should have. I never have that when i was in diploma. By interacting with the whole clsss, we're actually happy to let people comment on our opinion.

It's my first time to have theory class like this, which i need to read essays, do a lot of thinking and trying hard to understand. And i got a lot from it. I was amazed by those philosopher and architects. The way they thought, the theories they generated. The favourite session of mine is the seven senses of architecture. It had opened me of the undiscovered part of my mind towards architecture, enlighten me. To do a design is not merely just draw and build, it's about a whole consideration and it will be always better way, better idea waiting me to discover. The course had trained us to have critical thinking towards architecture.

I would have to say that i love the idea of "blogging" as our submission. Time efficient, green, and we can do it anywhere X) The worst thing is that, i often do blogging at the midnight, and the next day i need to go to the morning class, and afterward to work. AWW. Time is really crucial for me.

Best thing is, i actually live an abundant life :)

Afterall, what is my philosophy for future? I will always do my design based on human, because this is the ultimate purpose of architecture. I wish my architecture always be green. It's a need. Others than that, it will be visually, auditory, tactility pleasing! Architecture must get rid of boredom, bring in with rejuvenating elements. With good architecture there will be good people.

0 SHOUTS: